Hi Carsten,

Thanks very much for reviewing the document. I just want to add a point to
your question about how applications decide when to use this multicast
address format. In fact, they don't. Imagine a use case where a legacy
IPv4 IP-TV receiver (an app) wants to join a channel which is broadcasted
in IPv6. The app will continue to send the igmp-join (say 224.1.2.3).
There will be a function in the network which is statically configured
that when it receives a igmp-join, it would covert to a corresponding
mld-join. The IPv6 address in the join message will follow what is
described in this draft. This Adaptive Function is transparent to the
application and managed by the network.

Thanks,
Yiu