    Unfortunately there is no way to resolve the discrepancy between
    the two approaches mentioned above (raw "%" versus "%25") and
    therefore we recommend general implementation of the new "-" syntax
    defined by this document. This will allow simple "cut and paste"
    between tools such as "ping6" and browser address bars.

How will browser support for "-" have any impact on cut-and-pastability with ping6? ping6 will still be "%"-only, both on input and output, as far as I can see. Same for all apps that operate on addresses, not URLs.

My feeling that I'm missing something is growing...

Simon
--
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca