Med: RFC6333 is provided as an example of a unicast solution for the 4-6-4 case.

>If you take a look at
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-dslitemulticast-01
>there is no need for this draft.

Med: Yes, because you are using unicast not multicast capabilities between the
AFTR and the CPE. The solution adopted in softwire
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast/) makes
use of native multicast capabilities to deliver IPv4 content over an IPv6
network.

>Related to this is this statement in the abstract:
>
>This
>   algorithmic translation can be used in both IPv4-IPv6 translation or
>   encapsulation schemes.
>
>I suggest removing encapsulation from the above sentence.

Med: The algorithmic translation is about address translation not the way
packets are constructed...which applies for both encap and translation.
Specific solutions design is out of scope.