Dear Bob,

The main changes in -03 are as follows:

* Abandon the M-bit idea to represent IPv4-embedded IPv6 multicast prefix

* Explain the rationale for selecting a /96 (SSM) and /20 (ASM)

* Reserve two prefixes to be used for the algorithmic translation of an IPv6
multicast address into an IPv4 one; and vice versa
(1) ff3x:0:8000::/96 for SSM
(2) ffxx:8000::/20 for ASM

* The document does not update RFC4291; i.e., no change to the IPv6 addressing
architecture.

Cheers,
Med