On 26  Sep 2012, at 03:41 , Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> RA-guard work mostly done at v6ops.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-08
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-implementation-04
>
> Probably drafts should be circulated on v6ops mailing list
> and have support from there.

IETF v6ops WG Charter does not include updates to the
IPv6 specifications.  Quoting from this WG Charter:
        "Specifying any protocols or transition
        mechanisms is out of scope of the WG."

IETF 6MAN WG Charter DOES include updates to the
IPv6 specifications, again quoting from this WG Charter:
        "The working group will address protocol limitations/issues
        discovered during deployment and operation."

This is why the draft-*-ra-guard-* documents (quoted above)
belong in the IETF v6ops WG, while the 2 different I-Ds
that I mentioned belong here in the IETF 6MAN WG.

Now, in practice, the 2 draft-ietf-6man-* I-Ds that I mentioned
before already have been reviewed by many folks in v6ops,
as part of examining the RA Guard documents, and I believe
there is broad support for these updates within v6ops.
However, these 2 protocol specification updates are required
to be handled by the IETF 6MAN WG, simply as a matter
of the applicable IETF WG charters and usual IETF processes.

Yours

Ran