In your previous mail you wrote:

>  Should setting IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU to one (1) result in fragmented TCP packets?
>  Should setting IPV6_DONTFRAG to one (1) work on TCP sockets?

=> we should first agree about the term "fragmented": I propose to
say it means a transport message is divided into more than one
network layer message (so it is not bound to the existence of
a fragmentation header).

With this definition TCP packets should be never fragmented, so
IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU set to one (1) will result in a TCP segment size
which enforces TCP packet sizes to always be at most the minimal MTU
(1280 octets) at the network level.

This means too the IPV6_DONTFRAG is useless, so to set it to one (1)
should have no visible effect on TCP. Now we can argue about the
default value a get should return...

And there is as usual the question about when the setsockopt() are
called, even I believe the specs are clear they must be called before
the connect().

Regards

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr