Le 10/11/2012 15:09, Romain KUNTZ a écrit :
Hello Alexandru,

From what I understand, draft-sarikaya is for hosts only while
draft-jhee and draft-petrescu are for routers.

I'd have a question regarding exchanging MNP reachability between
routers: wouldn't it be the job of a routing protocol instead? Any
reasons why extending ND instead of using e.g. a MANET-type of
protocol for such scenarios?

I think routing protocols which support some form of dynamic behaviour
(nodes moving around) may be adequate to some very complicated vehicular
communications scenarios.

But ones considered here: single-hop LV to IV communications may not
take much advantage of the loop avoidance shortest path reliable route
buildup which such protocols typically provide.

The protocols considered here (ND, DHCP) as alternatives to
MANET-type of routing protocols have this feature of working closely
with address auto-configuration which is highly needed, whereas
MANET-type protocols do not consider address/prefix auto-configuration
as important requirements.

The ND and DHCP protocols have aspects which are needed in a fast moving
highly dynamic vehicular environment.  For example this RS optionality:
an RA may be broadcasted periodically thus speeding up autoconf and
route exchange, whereas same is not clear about AODV's RREP.

Comparing AODV one also sees this AODV need of sequence numbers which is
good in general cases (several hops) and reliability needs.  This is
absent from ND and works ok on a single hop.

Then, each other MANET protocols is different... not sure which should I
look at more closely.

What do you think?

Yours,

Alex

Regards, Romain

On Nov 5, 2012, at 19:46 , Alexandru Petrescu