Hi Fernando,

I would like to make some last comments about your draft, which i fully support.

First of all, i would like to see a reference to cases where the prefix doesn't change too often (since this is recommended by many people for various deployments, i.e. residential dsl) due to mostly renumbering issues. In this case, Privacy Extensions seem to offer an advantage in terms of host tracking.

Also, it would be good to include some examples of IIDs produced by an implementation of the proposed algorithm, taking into account various scenarios with common parameters.

Lastly, in a comment i had made back in March 2012 regarding your draft and source address selection, and now looking at current rfc6724 i can see the following:

   Rule 7: Prefer temporary addresses.
   If SA is a temporary address and SB is a public address, then prefer
   SA.  Similarly, if SB is a temporary address and SA is a public
   address, then prefer SB.

Although the implementations must provide a mechanism allowing an application to reverse this, if the above is the default behavior meaning that if privacy extensions are enabled, temporary addresses will have preference over your stable addresses, then i think the following 2 paragraphs don't apply anymore in your draft. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

On the other hand, in scenarios in which "Privacy
   Extensions" are employed, implementation of the mechanism described
   in this document would mitigate host-scanning attacks and also
   mitigate correlation of host activities.

On the other hand, in the case of hosts employing "Privacy
   Extensions", the method specified in this document would prevent host
   scanning attacks and correlation of node activities across networks
   (see Appendix A).

...and some editorial comments...

The resulting interface identifiers remain constant/stable for
      each prefix used with SLAAC within each subnet.  That is, the
      algorithm generates the same interface identifier when configuring
      an address belonging to the same prefix within the same subnet.

within the same subnet. => within the same subnet (assuming parameters defined in Section 3 remain the same).

 2.  The Interface Identifier is finally obtained by taking the
       leftmost 64 bits of the RID value computed in the previous step,
       and and setting bit 6 (the leftmost bit is numbered 0) to zero.

and and => and

The resulting Interface
       Identifier should be compared against a list of reserved
       interface identifiers and to those already employed in an address
       of the same network interface and the same network prefix.  In
       the event that an unacceptable identifier has been generated,
       this situation should be handled in the same way as the case of
       duplicate addresses
employed in an address of the same network interface and the same network prefix = > employed in an address of another host through the same local network interface and using the same network prefix
In the event that an unacceptable identifier has been generated => In the event that such an identifier has been generated

Also if "a list of reserved identifiers" refers to http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-interface-ids/ipv6-interface-ids.xml, then it should probably be "the list of...".
Unless, we assume everyone is allowed to use its own list of reserved identifiers.

In the event that a DAD conflict cannot be solved (possibly after
   trying a number of different addresses), address configuration would
   fail.  In those scenarios, nodes MUST NOT automatically fall back to
   employing other algorithms for generating interface identifiers.

Shouldn't an error message be logged somewhere?

This document does not require the use of any specific PRF for the
   function F() above, since the choice of such PRF is usually a trade-
   off between a number of properties (processing requirements, ease of
   implementation, possible intellectual property rights, etc.), and
   since the best possible choice for F() might be different for
   different types of devices (e.g. embedded systems vs. regular
   servers) and might possibly change over time.

and might possibly change over time => it might possibly change over time

since it would mitigate host-
   tracking vectors still present when privacy addresses are used
   (Appendix A,
(Appendix A, => (Appendix A),

--
Tassos