I a not clear what aspect of the semantics of u==1 and the relationship to EUI-64 is a dead duck. Currently, if you see something with u==1, you know it was made from an EUI-64. Under your proposal, you would not know that. Yous tae below tat the presence of ==1 doesn't mean that. to the best of my knowledge, currently, it does mean that. It may not be derived from the EUI-64 of the interface yo want to reach, but it is derived from an EUI-64. Otherwise, u would be set to 0.

You are proposing to change this rule.

Aside from anything else, I do not see a motivation for changing the rule.
I have no problem with clarifying under-specified corner cases.
But why change the rule we have? Is there a problem with the current rule that I am missing?

Yours,
Joel

Joel,