Ole,

I am supporting this draft because the community has become accustomed to
stateless firewalls on routers. These stateless firewalls are capable of
filtering based upon information gleaned from both the IPv6 and L4 header.

When a stateless firewall encounters an IPv6 datagram in which the IPv6 header
and L4 header don't appear in the first fragment, it can't make an informed
filtering decision on any fragment. However, if there is a guarantee that the
IPv6 header and the L4 header are in the first fragment, it can at least make
an informed decision regarding that fragment.

Would the draft be more acceptable if we stated this as the motivation and
removed references to NAT64?

                                     Ron