Inline....

Clearly, we have to draw the line somewhere. I think that it is reasonable to
stop at the L4 header.

> as Karl pointed out, what do we do with the ESP header? do you define
> which part of the ESP header that must be included in the first
> fragment? or does this mean that a packet with ESP MUST NOT be
> fragmented?
> are there other headers where what consist of the "entire ipv6 header
> chain" is unclear?

The document needs to make a special exception for encrypted payloads. In that
case, the ESP header must begin on the first fragment, but need not end on the
first fragment.

Does this sound reasonable?

> > When a stateless firewall encounters an IPv6 datagram in which the
> IPv6 header and L4 header don't appear in the first fragment, it can't
> make an informed filtering decision on any fragment. However, if there
> is a guarantee that the IPv6 header and the L4 header are in the first
> fragment, it can at least make an informed decision regarding that
> fragment.
> >
> > Would the draft be more acceptable if we stated this as the
> motivation and removed references to NAT64?
>
> yes, I think that would help.

I will work with Fernando on this.