    Karl> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 16:02 -0800, Bob Hinden wrote:
    >> A Simple Secure Addressing Generation Scheme for IPv6
    >> AutoConfiguration draft-rafiee-6man-ssas-01.txt [...]
    >> DHCPv6/SLAAC Address Configuration Interaction Problem Statement
    >> draft-liu-bonica-dhcpv6-slaac-problem-01.txt
    >>
    >> We did not think there had been enough discussion or interest on
    >> the w.g. list to guarantee a speaking slot.  We allocated short
    >> slots at the end of the session if there is time before the
    >> meeting ends.  If anyone (other than the authors) think one of
    >> these should be given more time, please speak up.

    Karl> For what it's worth it seems to me that there is a gaping hole
    Karl> around securing ND. IPSec is obviously ridiculous, SEND is
    Karl> only marginally less ridiculous. Maybe SSAS is a way forward?

SEND looked at AH and realized that it couldn't be used, so IPsec is a
non-starter.  I'd like to know what you know about SEND that the SEND WG
didn't...

SASS is similar, but uses a different algorithm, and you don't have to
recalculate each time you move.  For nodes that don't move, it seems
identical.

--
Michael Richardson
-on the road-