There is an issue with using a MAC-based link local address on an interface
that does not have that MAC address, which is that any other interface
using that MAC that turns up is going to fail DAD.  Normally this will be
another interface on the same device, but even then it can be an issue.
 Therefore it is better guidance to say that one should simply change link
locals at the time one changes the MAC address... not necessarily to a
MAC-derived address, but it is impolite to continue to use the old link
local.