Brian,

Two questions:

First:

>> Some tricky and potentially malicious cases will be avoided by forbidding

>> very long chains of extension headers that need to be fragmented
>> [I-D.ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain].

I wonder if this is the place to define "very long"?

Second:

Are there other RFCs which have rules for what "middle boxes" will do?   I am
not referring to translation techniques such as SIIT, etc. which is implemented
in some load balancers.
I guess I am wondering more about if there is a precedent for regulating what
packets firewalls will and will not forward.

BTW, thanks so much for doing this!

Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.