Having read this I-D,

One question:

   When an end host receives a
   router advertisement message with a PIOMT and the prefix class
   suboption, it can use the suboption information as an additional hint
   for selecting the prefix for a desired purpose and use case.  The
   prefix class has only local administrative meaning i.e., they are
   local to the access network and may overlap both semantically and
   registry wise across different administrative domains.

How is the class information delivered to the nodes? I know this is outside the
scope of this protocol specification, but having some understanding on that
would help us better judge the applicability.

And, one comment:

The overall problem statement and the solution make sense. In fact, we have a
complementary draft which exposes the IP address properties to the applications
and allow them to make a proper selection.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yegin-dmm-ondemand-mobility-00

Regards,

Alper