Alper,

Thanks for the review..

On Jul 19, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Alper Yegin <alper.ye...@yegin.org> wrote:

> Having read this I-D,
>
> One question:
>
>    When an end host receives a
>    router advertisement message with a PIOMT and the prefix class
>    suboption, it can use the suboption information as an additional hint
>    for selecting the prefix for a desired purpose and use case.  The
>    prefix class has only local administrative meaning i.e., they are
>    local to the access network and may overlap both semantically and
>    registry wise across different administrative domains.
>

> How is the class information delivered to the nodes? I know this is outside
> the scope of this protocol specification, but having some understanding on
> that would help us better judge the applicability.

Since the class information is intended to be administrative domain
specific a good proponent for information delivery is a connection
manager type of application or some service daemon (something provided
e.g. by an enterprise network administrator) that application can query.
I all cases the applications need to be aware of classes. (note that we
do not have standardized means for identifying administrative domain
boundaries/provisioning domains yes - Mif works on that part..)

> And, one comment:
>
> The overall problem statement and the solution make sense. In fact, we have a
> complementary draft which exposes the IP address properties to the
> applications and allow them to make a proper selection.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yegin-dmm-ondemand-mobility-00

Great, good to know.

- JOuni