Thanks everyone for the response.

Scott, you answered all of my questions. WNVR is the Polish station I
couldn't remember. There was a discussion earlier about short AM
antennas on Barry's technician reflector and I was trying to find my
WNVR photos. But I couldn't remember the call letters or frequency. As I
recall they were subject to a 100-foot height limit due to local
restrictions. They ended up with a DA with four 36.6 degree (97-feet)
towers with 9.4 degrees (25-feet) of top-loading using stiff horizontal
top elements. I visited there while it was still a CP in September 2000
and had trouble finding the site even with a GPS. The towers were
basically surrounded by taller trees. I'll post up some pics on one of
my web sites shortly.

I believe WNTD/950 was the rooftop site in question. I'm glad you got
pictues of it. I didn't. But I did get a good tower hunting story. I
found the site after a little searching. I'm still not exactly clear on
what part of Chicago I was in. I knew better than to go on the south
side alone. But I thought I was far enough west to be safe. While I was
getting my camera equipment together for a walk to try and get a good
angle for some pics a police cruiser drove by. He stopped about 1/2
block down and backed up to where I was. I had my camera equipment
spread out on the hood of my car. It was a Sunday morning and I didn't
see anyone else around the area. So I figured he thought I was
suspicious. He didn't even get out of his car. He rolled down the window
asked me if I had health insurance. I thought this was an odd question
and I wondered why he didn't first ask what I was doing. I recall
thinking that maybe he was selling health insurance on the side. I
assured him that I had good health insurance. He then said "that's good
because with out-of-state plates and an expensive camera in this
neighborhood you're probably going to need to use it in about 10
minutes." He was a bit of a smart ass. But he may have saved my life. I
thanked him, threw the camera on the seat of my car, locked the door,
and started looking for the fastest route back to the interstate.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/