Powell,

Right now I have at least 200 bulbs in the closet. I plan another couple
hundred. I should have plenty for the rest of my life. I should fiqure
out how many I replace in a year and multiply that to see how many I
will need for the next 30 years. I gather the old bulbs will no be
available for too many years to come. I read they were to be phased out
by 2018. The trick to long life is to install a bigger wattage than you
need and then put one of those little button units in the socket that
cuts the voltage down with 110 to 90V and a person gets a lot more life
out of them. They don't run as hot either.

73,

Patrick