At 11:00 PM 9/4/2009, you wrote:
>Walt
>
>For the record, I checked a few other Alaskan freqs
>
>620 was mostly CKRM with KPOJ in the background
>780 had easy listening music that was likely KNOM, and certainly not KKOH
>unless it's changed format
>850 was mostly KOA o/KHHO (in all cases I was on the northwest lobe of the
>K9AY)
>
>I've been having trouble hearing JOUB lately but I'm much closer to KTTH-770.
>The opposite seems to be true for JOAB-693 - it's much easier for me since you
>guys are closer to CBU.  Plus I'm in CBUs null and you're in their main lobe
>(or close to it).
>
>Bruce

Hi, Bruce.  Here are the 12 Alaskans heard this morning around 13:00:

Alaskan Bandscan at 13:00 UTC Victoria, BC 4 Sep09

580 KRSA Petersburg Very good local ID cochannel a SS language station.

630  KJNO Junea at fair level under very strong KCIS.

670 KDLG Dillingham.  Good level with local ID and into BBCWS news.

700 KBYR Anchorage.  A difficult catch due to huge 690 CBU splatter, but KBYR
ID heard at 13:05 after Fox news, and into local weather.  Fair.

750 KFQD Anchorage.  Very strong over KXL, both IDing as NewsRadio.

770 KCHU Valdez easily heard before 13:00 when KTTH hammers them.  NPR
programming earlier and often over KTTH.  Didn’t hear a specific local ID,
though, but I know it’s them.

780 KNOM Nome  Good reception with very long local weather at 13:03, well over
KKOH that happened to dominate at 13:00.  Very strong by 13:05 and virtually no
sign of KKOH.

800 KINY Juneau.  Excellent reception especially at 13:01  with lovely ID at
13:01:40.  “800 KINY weather”.

850 KICY Nome.  Good with noticeable fading, “serving all of west Alaska, this
is KICY”.  Well over cochannels (KOA presumed).

870 KSKO McGrath with very strong IDs just before 13:00 for various stations in
NPR network in Alaska, 5:00 AM tc, and into NPR’s Morning Edition.  One of the
strongest Alaskan stations today!

890 KBBI Homer.  A tough catch due to Village 900 here in Victoria, but after
BBC programming, local ID at 12:59 well heard.

930 KTKN Ketchikan.  Of course the easiest of all Alaskans to hear.  Very good
reception.

AS for the JJ stations, Bruce, 774 has been a very good performer.  Of course,
693 is very difficult here due to CBU 690 Vancouver!  ....Walt.