On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Lukas Bulwahn wrote:

Johannes Hoelzl and me, gave a two-and-half-hour tutorial to Isabelle at a workshop meeting of PhD students in computer science in Dagstuhl (cf. http://www.model.in.tum.de/um/vernetzungstreffen/).

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to add the page of a recent course of ours at Paris: http://www.lri.fr/~wenzel/Isabelle2011-Paris/ where we were using the Isabelle/jEdit IDE of official Isabelle2011. The feedback was quite positive even with this old version.

My general impression is that the "first contact" with Isabelle has become much easier. Things are still lacking for power users, but there has been quite some progress in the past few months. I have already reworked the rendering in the editor substantially, and are now about to revise the interaction model again to burn less CPU cycles.

Overall, we got a positive feedback from many participants. Working with the interaction model of Isabelle/jEdit seemed not to pose any problem for the students and we had no crash or unexpected behaviour with the current version.

Good to hear. If you do encounter unexpected behaviour, just tell me so that I can address it.

        Makarius