I've been using multisets quite a bit myself lately. add# and add1# both sound all right to me.

I would also like to point out that for some reason, intersection and union are #∪ and #∩, whereas all other multiset operations seem to have the # at the end (e.g. ⊆#). Unless there is some deeper reason for this, I suggest we change it.