This story is about a man who tells how his booking an air ticket for his
father, his first flight, brought emotions and made him realize that how much
we all take for granted when it comes to our parents.

"My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the airport to
see them off. In fact, my father had never traveled by air before, so I just
took this opportunity to make him experience the same. In spite of being asked
to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on Lufthansa.

The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see that I had
booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his face, waiting  for
the time of travel. Just like a school  boy, he was preparing himself on that
day and we all went  to the airport, right from using the trolley for his
luggage, the baggage  check-in and asking for window seat and waiting
restlessly for the security check-in to happen. He was thoroughly enjoying
himself and I, too, was overcome with joy watching him experience all these
things.

As  they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up to me with
tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very  emotional and it was not as
if I had done something great but the fact that this meant a great deal to him.

When he said  thanks, I told him there was no need  to thank me.

But later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back at my life.

As a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without
understanding the financial situation, we ask for football, dresses, toys,
outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have satisfied to all
our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to
accommodate many of our wishes?

Did we ever say thanks for all that they have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we should
put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation, we will ensure
that we will have to give the child the best, theme parks, toys, etc. But we
tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us
happy, so it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and
what they failed to see when they were young, it is our responsibility to
ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually
answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I have been
very polite in answering. Now I realize how they would have felt at those
moments.

Let us realize that old age is a second childhood and just as we take care of
our children, the same attention and same care need to be given to our parents
and elders.

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for making
him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he has sacrificed
for my sake and I will do my best to give the best possible attention to all
their wishes. Just because they are old does not mean that they will have to
give up everything and keep sacrificing for their grandchildren also. They have
wishes, too."

Take care of our parents.

p/s: If you have been thinking about to develop a new System, or you have been
considering upgrade your existing System, I want the opportunity to help you.

Service I offer...

   1. Upgrading an old system
   2. Fixing existing system
   3. Develop a new system
   4. Help on student project

View my profile: http://www.21stcenturymuslim.com/RaffiqEddyFreelancer.pdf
Facebook: facebook.com/reffsp

------------------------------------

JIMedia: Memurnikan Tanggapan Umum Melalui Penyebaran Ilmu dan Maklumat

Nota: Kandungan mel ini tidak menggambarkan pendirian rasmi Pertubuhan
Jamaah Islah Malaysia (JIM) melainkan yang dinyatakan sedemikian.

Sila ke "JIM E-Bazaar" untuk membeli belah, membayar yuran program dan
menyumbang untuk dakwah, di http://www.jim.org.my/e-bazaar/

Untuk melanggan Islah-Net, hantar e-mail ke islah-net-subscr...@yahoogroups.com
Untuk menghentikan langganan, hantar e-mail ke
islah-net-unsubscr...@yahoogroups.comyahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: