Salaam, Pastor Swank;

In your recent article below,

" Ninety-six percent of Americans celebrate Christmas. It’s part of our
American heritage. If the Muslims don’t like it, let them go to a Muslim
country where Islam is spread all over government as well as religion. If
the atheists don’t like it, let them learn how to be a minority presence
just as Christians in India learn to be a minority presence. And so forth."

http://www.bushcountry.org/news/columnists/Grant-Joseph/c_121104_joseph_swank_Christmas.htm

you claimed that Muslims are part of the reason that Xmas is loosing ground
in America is due to Muslims.  Pastor, you totally mistaken in your
understanding of our faith in the Massiah.  Muslims believe in Jesus just
like you believe in Abraham and Moses.... prophets in the Abrahamic faith.
By saying what you did then would you accept the same coming from Jews
regarding their major religious event/s..... that if Christians don't like
the event they can go to a Christian country when Christianity is rampant
and permeates their society?  You would, on the contrary, be confused and
think otherwise... for the foundation of your own faith rests in accepting
the old Prophets as part of, also, your own faith.

Pastor, in today's world of increasing interaction between Muslims and
non-Muslims, these areas of ignorances are disappearing as interaction
between the two camps is increasing on religious, social and cultural
levels.

As a Muslim, I am proud to acknowledge these auspicious days of the blessed
birth of Hazrat Isa (Prophet Jesus) and wish those who believe in him .....
Merry Christmas.  Ask any Muslim of their faith and believe in Jesus and you
would find every single Muslim to respond in total contrast of your belief
in what we do and stand for in relation to Jesus and Christmas.

Just as you do not practice, as such, the Jewish religious events but hold
in you heart the belief in them in religious terms so do we, as Muslims,
hold the respect and belief in Jesus as a Prophet of God.

Merry Christmas, Pastor, and a Happy and "Peaceful" new year.

A Muslim living in a Muslim (God's) country........ the United States of
America

It is better to give....
Especially when giving to a child in poverty.
Click here to meet a child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.haQaA/0nhJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links