Salaam all

PLEASE spread this information to everyone you can.
It is not new news but it is not news the mainstream media is reporting
(we don't wonder why).

John Mearsheimer, at the University of Chicago, and Stephen Walt, at
Harvard, published their latest research on a Harvard Web site and in
abbreviated form in the London Review of Books last month. The paper, titled
"The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy," is an extensive work, and the
uproar it ignited hasn't stopped.

The key points of the paper can be summarized thus: U.S. support for Israel
has been unwavering, but it is sometimes inconsistent with American
interests.

The professors ask: Why has the United States been willing to set aside its
own security to advance the interests of another state? Their answer is what
they call "the unmatched power of the Israel lobby."

The authors state the lobby includes Americans in the Clinton
administration, more in the Bush administration, along with Christian
evangelicals, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, even editors at
prominent American newspapers.

The paper has set off a bitter and growing controversy, with name-calling
and worse. Mearsheimer and Walt said they expected criticism, but are
surprised the attacks have become so personal. Both men now say they do not
want to comment on the air on their research but will debate it in print.

Michael Scheuer says that Mearsheimer and Walt are basically right. A former
senior official at the Central Intelligence Agency, Scheuer is now a
terrorism analyst for CBS News. On an antiwar Web site, Scheuer wrote that
every government tries to influence public opinion. Mearsheimer and Walt,
Scheuer says, have described one of the most successful campaigns in the
United States.

"They should be credited for the courage they have had to actually present a
paper on the subject," Scheuer says.

Paul Findley, a former Republican congressman from Illinois, says the debate
is long overdue.

"You can't imagine how pleased I was," Findley says. "I think I can pose as
a foremost expert on the lobby for Israel, because I was the target the last
three years I was in Congress."

Findley is a fierce critic of Israel's policy toward the Palestinians.
Findley's lobby group, the Council for the National Interest, published a
full-page ad in The New York Times calling for the Israel lobby to be
brought under control.

Click on the link below to access Hravard University website and download
the bublished research (it on a PDF File)

http://ksgnotes1.harvard.edu/Research/wpaper.nsf/rwp/RWP06-011

--

G. Waleed Kavalec
-------------------------

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy
Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links