My apologies Brothers and Sisters,

Once again do we have any comments on the following; Article By Shahid Malik MP - Daily Mail 5th July 2006?

ALMOST a year ago, I stood on the steps of Downing Street, shoulder to
shoulder with leaders of Britain's Muslim communities.
We were united in our horror and revulsion at the July 7 bombings, and
we pledged to meet the challenge head-on of rooting out the extremists
as minute in numbers as they might be from our ranks.
We knew that the atrocities committed by a handful of lunatics in the
name of Islam were a perversion of our religion and abhorrent to all,
irrespective of religion. We were determined to do something about it. At
the same time, we were bracing ourselves for the anti-Islamic backlash.
A year on, I am proud to say that no significant backlash has occurred.
And, as the objective of the bombers was to turn Christians against
Muslims and wreck community relations, they failed.
My worry now concerns those Muslim leaders, many of whom, I am sorry to
say, have lost the stomach for the fight. I am fed up with their
constant sniping about the Government's failure to follow up on all the
recommendations of the Task Force, set up in the aftermath of the bombing.
Of course, the great majority of mainstream Muslims want the
authorities to do more.
Just as we want the police, post Forest Gate, to exercise minimum force
and maximum sensitivity when they conduct absolutely necessary and
inevitable raids in the future.
But the truth is the Government alone cannot defeat the evils of
terrorism.
Muslim communities must take the leadership role in overcoming the
extremists who have insinuated themselves into our midst. Just as it is for
white Britain to defeat and disown the British National Party, so it is
down to us, Britain's Muslims, to defeat and disown the terrorist
jihadists who claim so wrongly to be acting in our name.
Yet it is easier for organisations such as the Muslim Council of
Britain to criticise the Government, the police or the media, rather than
take a long, hard look at our own communities. It is easier for them to
encourage a victim culture that sees Islamophobia around every corner,
rather than to challenge within. But that is not leadership. It is
abdication.
That is why I almost wept when I saw the results of a poll showing that
13 per cent of British Muslims think that the July 7 terrorists should
be regarded as 'martyrs'. How sick and deluded can you get?
Yes, of course I know the same poll showed more than half of all
British Muslims thought the Government should be doing more to fight
extremism. And 65 per cent believed the Muslim community should be doing more
to integrate properly with British society.
But how many community 'leaders' have confronted that alienated 13 per
cent?
How many are prepared to say like I do that suicide bombers are not
martyrs who will go straight to Heaven? They are terrorists who, according
to my religious beliefs, will go straight to hell, and rightly so.
How many will say, as directly as I do, that the jihadist version of
Islam is a perverted and twisted insult to our faith? How many are
prepared to institute a regime of verbal 'zero tolerance' in mosques and
mosque schools, forbidding any talk about bombers being holy 'martyrs'.
Not enough, I am afraid. The harsh truth is that that the post July 7
coalition is disintegratingand many people are back playing the old
'blame game' instead of trying to get to grips with our problems.
Of course the great majority of Britain's Muslims have much to be proud
of this week as we mark the anniversary of the bombing which,
incidentally, killed Muslims as well as Christians, Jews and non-believers. In
particular, we should honour the death of Lance Corporal Jabron Hashmi,
the first British Muslim to be killed in active service in the global
war against terror.
WHAT was so moving was that his elder brother, Zeeshan, himself a
former soldier, felt able to say: 'Jabron was a committed soldier and a
committed Muslim. He was fiercely proud of his Islamic background, and
equally proud of being British'. What finer epitaph could there be for a
brave young man, dead before his time because he did his duty? A man who
saw no conflict between his duty to his country and his duty to his
religion.
That is why I believe his death will be of profound significance to
Muslim communities across the country. It will pull a lot of people up
short, and force them to ponder this decent, honourable, religious Muslim
boy whose feelings of loyalty to Britain were so strong that he was
prepared to give his life in what he believed was a righteous fight
against a gang of medieval fundamentalists in Afghanistan.
When the history of the war on terror is written, I suspect Jabron
Hashmi will be remembered with pride as one who, in death, opened the eyes
of Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

That is why I remain optimistic as we prepare to mark the anniversary
of the attacks.

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy Quran-16:125)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all." [Muslim, Ahmad, Aboo Daawood, an-Nasaa'ee, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah]

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org