Ahadith Qudsi-Superiority of Monotheism . . .
  Qudsi Hadith: 14

  FEAR OF ALLAH

  14. Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri (r.a.). He quoted Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.)
as saying to his Companions that: a man from among the early people or from
those before you had said a word, i.e. Allah had blessed him with wealth and
sons. When death approached him, he asked his sons: How was I being as a
father? They replied: You were the best father. He said: I didn't save or
perform any good deeds for Allah. If Allah takes possession of me, He will
punish me. So, look! When I am dead, burn me until I become coal then crush me
well and scatter (my ashes in the air) on a stormy day. The Prophet (s.a.w.s.)
said: He took a covenant from his sons (and died). They did according to his
will and spread his ashes in the air on a stormy day. Allah asswajal said: Be
and there he was embodied before Him. Allah, the Exalted, asked him: O my
slave! What induced you to do what you did? He replied: It was Your fear (so
that I may not appear before You). The Prophet (s.a.w.s.) added:
 Allah, the Exalted rewarded him with His mercy; the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said
second time: Allah did not punish him.

          (This Hadith is sound and reported by Bukhari and Muslim).

  This man was a believer in the Power of Allah assawajal to resurrect, and
punish. His such belief and fear caused him to make that will which led him to
Allah's forgiveness.

  ********

  Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.)

  Having Allahs Statements.

  From Darussalam Islamic Books.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.