ISNA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  From: "ISNA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:51:58 -0400
Subject: ISNA E-news: Eid Mubarak

      About
      Conferences
      Services
      News
      Contact Us

Greetings from the Islamic Society of North America!

   Message from ISNA Development Foundation
   Fiqh Council Decision on Eid ul-Fitr
   President Bush's Eid Message to Muslim Community
   Renowned Muslim Social Scientist of North America Passes Away
   Muslim Code of Honor
   Global Muslim Leadership Makes Unprecedented Call for Accord with Christian
World

                          Message from ISNA Development Foundation
  The ISNA Development Foundation would like to thank all of our donors for
their generous contributions during the blessed months of Ramadan.  Please take
advantage of this last few hours of Ramadan to maximize your rewards and
blessings, please follow this link to make your online donation.
http://www.isna.net/fileadmin/MultiplyYourBlessings.pdf

---------------------------------
  Fiqh Council Decision on Eid ul-Fitr   Eid ul-Fitr will be on Saturday,
October 13, 2007
  The Fiqh Council of North America in its meeting in Herndon, Virginia on July
31-August 1, 2007 noted with satisfaction the recent Fatwa of its counterpart
in Europe “the European Council for Fatwa and Research” related to the
permissibility of the use of calculation method for determining the beginning
of Lunar months including the months of Ramadan and Shawwal. Full Story

---------------------------------
  President Bush's Eid Message to Muslim Community

For Immediate Release
October 11, 2007   October 1, 2007
  I send greetings to Muslims in the United States and around the world
celebrating Eid al-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast.
  The great faith of Islam has enhanced our society and brought comfort and
strength to generations in America and around the world.  The three day
festival of Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan and is
a time to look forward with a spirit of renewal and hope, and celebrate the
rich Islamic tradition of charity and giving.  During this holiday, Muslims
gather with family and friends to share in traditional food, thank God for His
blessings, and reach out to the less fortunate.
  Our Nation is proud to be a land of many beliefs, and our society is enriched
by our Muslim citizens.  On the first day of Shawwal, the first month of the
Islamic calendar, may people of all faiths reflect on the values we hold in
common, including love of family, the importance of community, and gratitude to
God.
Laura and I send our best wishes for a joyful celebration. Eid Mubarak.
  GEORGE W. BUSH

---------------------------------
  Renowned Muslim Social Scientist of North America Passes Away   Inna Lillah
Wa inna ilaihi Raje'oon.
"Indeed we belong to Allah and we shall return to Him."

   The Islamic Society of North America notes with great sorrow the demise of
Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus on Oct. 5, 2007 in Miami, FL.
   Dr. Ba-Yunus was the first president of ISNA, during 1983-1985. He was among
the founders of the MSA in 1963.
   Dr. Ba-Yunus- a life long Islamic worker in North America leaves behind a
golden legacy.
   He was the President of the MSA http://www.msanational.org/ from 1968-1969.
   He served on the Board of Directors (Majlis Ash-Shura) of ISNA.
   He served as President of the AMSS http://www.amss.net/ from 1975-1976
   He was a member of the Board of Directors of Muslim Council of America (MCA)

   He served as Chairperson of Islamic Media Foundation
http://www.islamicmedia.net/home.htm
   He published two books and several articles with the Islamic Sociology on
the topic of Muslims in North America.
   For more information click here

---------------------------------
  Muslim Code of Honor   On July 11, 2007, leaders of major American Muslim
organizations met to approve a national “Muslim Code of Honor,” which
delineates key principles for Shi’ah-Sunni relations.  This document is based
on similar agreements signed by Muslim leaders in California and Michigan.
  On September 2, 2007, an official signing ceremony was held at ISNA’s 44th
Annual Convention.  The main hall erupted with joy as Shi`ah and Sunni leaders
signed the “Muslim Code of Honor”. Full Story

---------------------------------
  Global Muslim Leadership Makes Unprecedented Call for Accord with Christian
World   WASHINGTON, October 12 –  In a dramatic and groundbreaking display of
inter-religious solidarity, 138 of the world’s most senior Muslim leaders have
written to the heads of all Christian churches proposing a solid base upon
which the two global faiths can co-operate in creating peace and understanding
in the world.

The basis of the letter is the shared belief of both Muslims and Christians in
the principals of love of one God and love of the neighbor. It is hoped that
the recognition of this common ground will provide the followers of both faiths
a shared understanding that will serve to diffuse tensions around the world.
Full Story

community!   Are you a member of our 1000 Donors Club?
  Thank you and have a great weekend!
      P.O. Box 38 Plainfield, IN 46168, USA | Phone: (317) 839-8157 | Fax:
(317) 839-1840