Waswas (Insinuating Thoughts) from Shaytan

Question:

"I am suffering from many insinuating thoughts (waswas) about the nature of
Allah, the Almighty, may He, the Almighty, be glorified. There are thoughts
going around in my mind that I cannot utter because they do not fit Allah, the
Almighty, and they keep coming back to me, when I am praying and at other
times. it is so bad that I doubt my faith, and wonder if I am even a real
Muslim or not. What is the cure for this problem?"

Answer:
A number of hadiths have been reported from the Prophet, peace be upon him,
which contain the answer to this problem, Al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allah).
The Messenger, peace be upon him, said: "The Shaytan may come to any one of you
and say, 'Who created Allah, the Almighty?' If any one of you experiences this,
let him say, ' 'Amantu billahi wa rasulihi '[I believed in Allah, the Almighty,
and His Messenger, peace be upon him], and that will drive him away." (Saheeh
al-Jami' 1657)

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, also said: "The Shaytan may come to
any one of you and ask, 'Who created the heaven?' and he will say, 'Allah, the
Almighty' then the Shaytan will say, 'Who created Allah, the Almighty?' If any
one of you experiences this, let him say, ' 'Amantu billahi wa rasulih.'"
(Sahih al-Jami' 1656)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, also said: "Whoever experiences anything of
this Waswas, let him say three times,' 'Amantu billahi wa rashullih' and that
will drive the Shaytan away." (Saheeh al-Jami' 6587)

The Prophet, pece be upon him, said: "The Shaytan may come to any one of you,
and say, 'Who created such-and-such? Who created such-and-such?' until he asks,
'Who created your (Lord) Rabb?' If this happens to anyone, let him seek refuge
with Allah, the Almighty, and let him stop such thoughts." (Sheeh al-Jami' 93)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "The people will nearly ask too many
questions, so that one of them may say, 'Allah, the Almighty, created all of
creation, but who created Allah, the Almighty?' If they say this, then recite:
"Allah is the One, Allah is the Self-Sufficient Master, He begets not, nor was
He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him" (Surah 112:
1-4), and spit (drily) to left three times, and seek refuge with Allah, the
Almighty, from the Shaytan." (Saheeh al-Jami' 8182)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Think about the signs of Allah, the
Almighty, do not think about Allah ( Himself)." (Saheeh Al-Jami' 2975)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Think about the creation of Allah not
think about Allah (Himself)." (Saheeh al-Jami', 2976)

Form these texts we may summarize the following six ways of overcoming these
insinuating thoughts:

The person who is experiencing such ideas should say," 'Amantu billahi wa
rasulihi [I believe in Allah, the Almighty, and His Messenger, peace be upon
him.]."
He should seek refuge with Allah, the Almighty, from the accursed Shaytan, and
say three times, "A 'udhu billahi 'l-Sami' il-'Alim min al-Shaytan il-rajim,
min hamzihi wa nafkhihi wa nafathih [ I seek refuge with Allah, the
All-hearing, the All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytan, and from his slander
and evil insinuations]."
He should spit (soft, dry spitting with little saliva) to his left three times.
He should stop thinking about these things, as the Prophet, peace be upon him,
said: "Let him stop." This is an important tactic, because continuing to allow
the Shaytan to influence one in this way will only make it worse. The Muslim
must stop these thoughts, as much as he can, and keep his mind busy with
something useful and beneficial.
He should recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Qul huwa Allahu ahad), because it describes
attributes of the All-Merciful and is considered to be equivalent to one-third
of the Qur'an. Reciting this great Surah will guarantee an end to these
insinuating thoughts.
He should think about the creating and blessing of Allah, the Almighty, not
about His nature, because his weak human mind can never comprehend the nature
of Allah. Allah, the Almighty, said: "..... but they never compass anything of
His Knowledge." (20:110)

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israeli-dates.php