ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL

--- On Tue, 10/3/09, Islamica <n...@islamicamagazine.com> wrote:

From: Islamica <n...@islamicamagazine.com>
Subject: Islamica Launches New Issue
To: awobe...@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, 5:30 PM

Award-Winning Islamica Relaunches Quarterly Publication with a Special Edition
on Interfaith Dialogue
We are delighted to announce the launch of the new Islamica with the release of
our Issue 21. Islamica is available around the world on selected newsstands and
via subscription. Islamica will now bring you even further in-depth coverage of
the most pertinent contemporary issues in culture, business, spirituality,
politics and social issues from around the Islamic world.
With our expanded global presence, Islamica offers unparalleled coverage of the
Muslim world, insightful analysis from previously uncovered angles, unique
interviews, and remarkable photojournalism.
Our reputation for offering active, intelligent and balanced insights will
remain truer than ever, with features and interviews from the world’s most
prominent voices of reason. Our regular readers will notice a brand new layout
with additional editorial features encapsulated within the newly expanded
136-page format.
With each coming issue, we aim to continue to broaden perspectives on Islam
while strengthening cross-cultural relations between Muslims and their
neighbors through discussion and thoughtful debate on the most pressing issues
of our time.
We are pleased to present you with a glimpse into the new Islamica, and to ask
for your continuing support in our common cause. If you would like to receive a
copy and have not yet subscribed, please visit www.islamicamagazine.com now and
“subscribe”!
Issue 21 at a Glance
OBAMA AND THE U.S. PRESIDENCY
Islamica’s new Editor-at-Large, the veteran journalist, S. Abdallah Schleifer,
and Firas Ahmad explore the challenges Obama will face if he is to leave a
legacy of accomplishment
THE COMMON WORD DOSSIER
Islamica’s special dossier on the Common Word takes an exclusive look into the
unprecedented initiative that has brought Muslim and Christian clerics
worldwide together to seek common ground. The dossier includes an interview
with the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, and essays by leading
personalities such as Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Miroslav Volf, Abdal Hakim Murad,
Ibrahim Kalin and Aref Nayed
THE TRAGEDY OF GAZA
Leading academics, Avi Shlaim and Mark LeVine discuss Israel’s brutal attack on
Gaza and what its actions will mean to the peace process
LISTENING TO THE VOICE OF A BILLION MUSLIMS
John Esposito from Georgetown University and Dalia Mogahed from Gallup discuss
the findings of the largest and most in-depth survey of the Muslim world
ISLAM AND MARINE CONSERVATION
Cara Wolinsky explains how in an island just off the coast of Tanzania, local
Islamic beliefs were combined with the economic benefits of tourism to protect
the coral reef reserves
ISLAMIC FINANCE AND THE ECONOMIC CRISIS
Mohammad Fadel examines the instability of the world economic system; Monem
Salam and Melanie Rayne-Merz discuss the impact of the global economic donwturn
on Islamic banking and finance
SHORT STORY: THE RICHEST PLACE ON EARTH
Medina Whiteman takes us on a colorful journey of modernity meeting reality
from the eyes of African children

© 2009, Islamica International Ltd. All rights reserved.
Click here to unsubscribe.
Click here to share this email with a friend