msaladin commented on issue #511:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/maven-build-cache-extension/issues/511#issuecomment-6053239437

   I am currently experiencing something very similar with 1.3.0 and Maven 
3.9.16:
   * Main parent pom in top-level directory
   * Module poms referent parent pom iin top-level directory
   
   When I change something in parent pom (e.g. the version of the parent pom of 
the parent pom), then a subsequent build reuses the build cache fo the module. 
I did check:
   * Effective POM of the module is different before the version-update in the 
parent pom and afterwards
   * When checking build buildinfo.xml in the cache (with configuration 
<debugs><debug>FileHash</debug<debug>EffectivePom</debug></debugs> I can see 
that the module POM is really used, but it is neither the effective POM nor has 
it any parent information in it
   
   For me this looks very like a bug, because changing the parent POM version 
can lead to different dependencies to be used (which is reflected in the 
effective pom), so from outside POV, it looks like instead of the hash of the 
effective POM, the hash of a downstripped module pom is used.
   
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to