chungen0126 commented on PR #11343:
URL: https://github.com/apache/ozone/pull/11343#issuecomment-5913781726

   Thanks @peterxcli for working on this. 
   
   I'm not entirely sure if changing the network topology state update from 
asynchronous to synchronous will impact large clusters.
   
   While this change definitely ensures correctness, it also means 
`checkNodesHealth` will now have to contend with other threads for the 
`netlock` in `NetworkTopologyImpl`. I'm uncertain how significant this impact 
might be in a large-scale environment.
   
   I just wanted to cc @ChenSammi and @sodonnel  to bring this to your 
attention, so that if any performance regressions occur in the future, we know 
to quickly trace back to this PR.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to