Dear Linda and Eileen,
A couple months ago, similar questions were raised on this listserv.
Here is part of a response I wrote back then that I hope will provide
you with some sources of information:

You can contact NAVS (National Anti-Vivesection
Society) for free loan non-animal alternatives. Call 1-800-888-6287
(NAVS) to request a list of available alternatives. You can also
check out their Web site at http://www.navs.org. Click on the Animals
in Education link. You can get a free Student Handbook from this page
as well. Also check PETA's Website (http://www.peta.org) for other
places that provide materials and information. You might start at
their PETA Kids page on Cutting Out dissection
(http://www.peta.org/kids/disindex.html)

I hope you're able to acquire the free resources that will greatly
benefit your students who choose not to dissect as well as those
students who are unaware of the controversial issues surrounding
dissection in the classroom.

--Geri Smith

>We don't have dissection in required classes.  So far, it has never been an
>issue in our Anat & Phys class.  Students are aware that it is a big part
>of
>the class, and is listed as such in the curriculum guide, so they don't
>take
>the class if they are opposed to dissection.  However, I've recently been
>informed that we should have an alternative (to a cat dissection), just in
>case.
>Eileen
>
>Linda O'Connor wrote:
>
>>>  We are grappling with a new district policy on dissection.   What do
>>some of
>>>  you out there offer as an alternative to dissection for the student who
>>>  objects.  We are also confused about the virtual dissection available
>>on CD
>>>  or web, etc.  Is this still "viewing" a dissection and therefore not a
>>>  viable alternative
>>>  --
>>>  Linda O'Connor
>>>  Science and Technology Integration Coordinator
>>>  Elmhurst District 205
>>>  Curriculum Office
>>>  130 W. Madison
>>>  Elmhurst, IL 60126