On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 01:54:51PM +0100, Davide Gerhard wrote:
> Is there a simple way to add this function (permanently?) in the code?
> (yes, I have already seen that this topic is in the todo list :)
> Some suggestion to start?

i haven't really thought about it yet.

i presume you first need to implement timer support in the main loop -
there was a recent thread where i uttered some ideas how to do that.
next you need to add something to main().

some more things to consider:
- do we do real daemon mode (with detaching the tty, forking into the
  background and everything) or do we just keep running in the
  foreground and let the user wrap it appropriately?
- do we want it to be timer-based only? what about using IMAP IDLE
  (nasty, because it needs a connection per watched mailbox (though i
  think there is an IMAP extension which enables more efficient
  handling))? maybe there should be a command socket to which you can
  write channel/box names to trigger fetches (this would actually fit my
  setup, as i have a separate notification channel from the server)?