Hi,

>>> I tried again marking all the messages in my Gmail account as read and
>>> unstarred (no flag). The result is the same. mbsync tries to
>>> synchronise the whole mailbox (>33000 mails).
>>>
>> after checking the source, the problem is pretty obvious: MaxMessages is
>> not applied to new mail at all. that's ok for building up archives, but
>> obviously totally deadly for existing ones. i don't know how hard it
>> will be, but i'll need to reshuffle quite some logic.
>
> Would be awesome if this gets fixed, I think it's the only issue
> preventing me to go full mbsync+notmuch. Right now I'm using the web
> interface and other mail tools to go through a huge chunk of unread
> mail spread over several huge folders. I also know this is the only
> limitation that prevents some people from going the same way.

Has the bug I mention above been fixed? (Initially mbsync disregards
MaxMessages and syncs the whole mailbox instead.)

I just tried the latest version from the git repository and it seems
it hasn't been addressed. It would be awesome, as Felipe pointed out
earlier in the conversation, since it is the only thing preventing
many people to go full mbsync.

Thanks,
A.