On 12/24/2022 05:46 AM, Marton Balazs wrote:
> At the risk of spamming the list, I hope it was mine so repeating the link:
> https://people.maths.bris.ac.uk/~mb13434/linux_m_uob/o365_imap_smtp.html
>
> On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 10:58:06AM +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 10:32:10PM -0500, H wrote:
>>> Could anyone point me to a good tutorial or example? I understand I need
>>> to find some oauth2 library to use but am unsure which one?
>>>
>> there was a relevant post here just recently. see the archive.

Thank you, I tried to follow the instructions but got stuck at the required
TENANT_ID and CLIENT_ID. Whereas I can find the TENANT_ID on the website, the
CLIENT_ID is not available and I doubt that the organization will allow me to
register an app and thus get a CLIENT_ID. All I know I can use is Outlook and
some other Office apps.

Am I correct in the above, ie that this cannot be done without acquiring a
CLIENT_ID?