On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 05:05:00PM +0000, jos...@breatheoutbreathe.in wrote:
I haven't done the nuclear option of deleting INBOX, and I'm not sure what this means in practice:

hacking MaxPulledUID in .mbsyncstate would probably do.

that should become clear after some careful reading of the manual.
you'll need a text editor ...

Before I implement any workarounds, may I provide you with any other information to help debug the issue?

probably not. the faulty state is fully understood (assuming my speculation is correct), and there is little you can reasonably do to reproduce the problem. you can only fix up the mess.

this issue has cropped up multiple times in the past, so you'll find more explanations of the problem and workaround in the archive.

it might even be that i fixed it in master, but that's not in a releasable state (in the archive you'll find information about _that_ as well ... :})