Hi list,

I am using mutt as MTA on two differet computers, each syncing to and
from an imap server. Sometimes I end up with duplicate messages in
folders and use mutt's tagging feature to tag duplicates, which I then
purge.
I learn to understand that although these messages appear identical to
me (and to mutt), isync might nevertheless give them different IDs?

So if I am unlucky and mutt on computer1 deletes MessageA as a duplicate
of MessageB...
and
mutt on computer2 deletes messageB as a duplicate of messageA
I might end up with both messageA and messageB being synced back up to
the imap server?

If this is the case, how can I get out of this situation? Even if I
would use --pull on one of the two computers, it will not delete the
respective other message that is already in place, no?

Thanks for all hints, it is very appreciated!
best, P