From: "Fred Boulos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:11 AM
Subject: **SPAM** [iText-questions] File does not begin with %PDF

> Hey,
> has anyway encountered the specifics to the following error which happens
with IE when streaming back a generated pdf file: File does not begin with
%PDF.

> There is no problem with Netscape, Mozilla, or Opera, strictly IE on
various versions of Windows. I am using iText to generate the PDF on the fly
and stream it back over an SSL enabled connection. I have downloaded the
file and verified that it is formatted correctly, and have also opened the
same file directly in IE from my harddrive to ensure that IE does correctly
recognize the file which it does.

> I have seen through several news groups that others have had the same
problem, but no one has actually posted a workaround. I know that it is
directly related to the web integration with Acrobat Reader, but disabling
web integration is not an issue.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/