I have a request to advise on a solution for generating PDF's on the fly ( which I have done very sucessfully using IText servlets - Thanks Bruno & Paulo!).  However, in this case,  the "boilerplate" documents need to be stored in MS-Word.  Currently they mail-merge the word documents and print them.  They now have a desire to serve them to the web in pdf.  Current solutions that I am aware of involve single theaded OLE automation and acrobat distiller, which IMHO is just too ugly for words, in addition to being completely non-scalable.    Any suggestions (or working solution!) would be greatly appreciated.

Do You Yahoo!?