> FOP:   batik->fop->pdf
> iText: batik->Graphics2D->iText->pdf

I think FOP does it the same way as iText:
Batik->Graphics2D->FOP->PDF

Take a look at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFGraphics2D.
It seems to be doing exactly the same as
com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfGraphics2D.

> > > That's because with fop for a line you'll have a width set
> > > and a line draw and with iText it's a rectangle followed
> > > by a fill. That's also because the files are bigger.
> >
> > I see. Is there a reason iText does it this way?
>
> That's the way Graphics2D works. iText can't do better than
> what it receives.

Hm... given that FOP and iText seem to work the same way
(through a class that implements Graphics2D), I can't
see why the result couldn't be the same.

It seems to me that org.apache.fop.svg.PDFGraphics2D and
com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfGraphics2D are generating
different PDF content from the same Batik input.

I'm going to try to find out where it happens...

Best Regards,
Thomas

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.