Carsten Hammer wrote:

Hi Paulo, hi Bruno,
are you going to support PDF/A (ISO-19005-1) like you support PDF/X (ISO-15930)?

I have already implemented XMP metadata (which is part of the ISO). If you add PDF specific metadata, you can generate the corresponding XMP automatically. (See the 'crosswalk' table in the ISO.) I haven't looked at the other requirements. Some of the specifications are very similar to PDF/X; others involve the way text is added. I don't know how difficult it would be to write a PdfAConformanceException. Note that I only have the draft version of the ISO that was approved a few weeks ago (but Leonard says the final version doesn't differ much from the draft). My main priority now, is the book on iText. I asked Paulo and if he has the time, he'll have a look at it. If PDF/A support were to be added to iText, it would be something very few other PDF libraries have for the moment.
br,
Bruno