> I can't even give you an estimation of the number of nights
> I have spent on iText for free over the past seven years

I think everbody here, including me, is thankful for your commitment.

> tell me: why should I spend time on your question? *LOL*

Why? Because you know it and I don't (after searching for hours). And as it
seems the answer would not take you more than a minute (which is about the
same amount of time you spent on making fun of me).

> If you don't know PDF syntax, don't use the methods
> I just pointed you too. Use the example provided by Paulo.

I am just asking for a drop of milk. Please don't expect me to buy the whole
cow.
I don't know much about PDF syntax, that is why I am using iText ...
But with this little piece of missing info, I am pretty sure that I can
solve my problem.

So, I am repeating the example:

1 0 obj
<<
/Contents (Blablabla)

endobj

2 0 obj
<<
/Type /Annot
/Contents ???

endobj

What do I have to replace ??? with in order to reference the (Blablabla)
string dynamically? In other words, if the value of the Contents key in the
first dictionary changes, the display of the annotation should change
automatically.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan