Mork Afur schrieb:
> So I guess I don't see the difference between just creating the PDF file in
> the first place on the client machine vs. returning a baos that "magically"
> creates a PDF file in the Temp folder.

Iliadis talks about server applications. You seem to talk about client
applications.

On the server there is a webserver that uses iText, creates a PDF and
stores it into a baos. This baos is then transferred to the client and
stored on disk there. If Iliadis used a FileOutputStream, the file would
be written to the disk of the server, then transferred to the client,
and then stored on the disk of the client again (and deleted from the
disk of the server after that).

If only one machine is involved and the PDF has to be viewed (and not
only zipped or written to a database, for example), using a baos for the
final PDF document does not make sense.

Michael