Matthias Uhler wrote:

> sam krasnik wrote:
>>

>> I did the same thing (I created a sub-interface of PdfPageEvent to have
>> an onAddPage method, which passes my a PdfPage which I can add stuff to),
>> and came up with the attached pdf. Unfortunately, after looking at it for
>> a while, I can't see the difference between your final "test.pdf" and
>> mine. The only difference is the slight difference in dimensions and
>> dictionary key order. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
>>
>>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p21609305/geo_base.pdf geo_base.pdf
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> --sam
>>

> you have to define the viewport-dictionary as an array-object because ther
> could be more than one viewports! In your code the [ and ] around the
> viewport-dictionary are missing...
>
> I noticed that you put 2 viewport-dictionaries to the document.
> You can put an indirect reference after the /VP entry to your object 4
> like this:
>
> /VP 4 0 R
>
> the reference allocates to the viewport-array which should be written like
> that:
>
> obj 4 0
> [<</Type /Viewport ... /Measure 3 0 R...>>]
> endobj
>
> dont't mind about the key order, it's irrelevant in a dictionary.
>
> let me know if it works, you're welcome!
>
> greets matthias

If you are interested in creating pdf maps, you might want to check out the
project this is for at http://code.google.com/p/layers3pdf. Thanks to your
thread, it now also supports geo-referencing (the documentation for that
hasn't been written yet, but there are examples in the svn trunk) it uses a
configuration file format that allows you to define layers, their properties
and the dictionaries for geo-referencing without having to write any code.

--sam