From: Andrius Juozapaitis <andri...@gmail.com>
To: Post all your questions about iText here
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:27:19 AM
Subject: [iText-questions] Multiple digital signatures

Hey,

One of our clients needs digital signing of pdf documents, he has all
the ocsp/tsp services inhouse. I've already implemented this using
using iText 2.1.7 - works like a charm, thanks Paulo!

Now, they want something else: instead of applying
signature-ocsp-timestamp in one transaction, they want a possibility
to split it into two: 1) sign the pdf with a digital signature 2)
apply the ocsp and timestamp information *for the certificate that was
used in the first signature*  in a second signature, without requiring
the digital smartcard using in the first step. Now, I am pretty sure
that's impossible, as OCSP information is a signed attribute [1] - so
you can't modify the first signature without invalidating it, and you
can't create a second signature without an original digital smartcard,
as revocation information is stored for the certificate, that the
document is being signed with.

Am I on the right track here?

Best regards,
Andrius Juozapaitis