Can you please suggest me a free Java API to convert RTF to HTML (or XHTML)?

--- On Tue, 9/15/09, Richard Grantham <rgrant...@limehousesoftware.co.uk> wrote:

From: Richard Grantham <rgrant...@limehousesoftware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] RTF to PDF
To: "Post all your questions about iText here"
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 3:12 PM

Allow me to try to answer your question regarding how XSL-FO can help
you.

There are many ways to convert RTF to HTML. Aspose is one of them. You
can write an XSLT to convert the XHTML to XSL-FO which you could then
process with an FO rendering program (such as FOP or RenderX) to PDF.

If you're looking to stick with OSS/free libs then Aspose and RenderX
probably aren't for you as they are commercial products. There are many
rtf2html converters out there that you could use instead for conversion.
The rest you could achieve with FOP and Saxon.

If you go down this route you'd want to ensure that any HTML that you
generate is valid XHTML by running it though JTidy. And be warned.
XSL-FO isn't that easy to start with. Antenna House have some tutorials
and a default xhtml2fo.xsl stylesheet in the Samples section.