You must have something else going on. Please post the complete code so that
the problem can be reproduced.

Paulo
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: alrts
  To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 8:52 AM
  Subject: [iText-questions] Error: Unbalanced begin/end text operators
sinceiText 5

  When I wanted to use chunk.SetCharacterSpacing(), I realized that it was
  about time to update my 4 year old iTextSharp library. Many classes
  disappeared and I had to update my code. However I'm still stuck with an
  error message which did not show up before, namely

  Error: Unbalanced begin/end text operators

  The code in question looks like this:

  document = new Document();
  writer = PdfWriter.GetInstance(document, pdfFile);
  document.Open();
  cb = writer.DirectContent;
  bf = BaseFont.CreateFont(fontfile, BaseFont.WINANSI, true);
  font = new Font(bf, size, style);
  chunk = new Chunk(contentString, font);
  phrase = new Phrase(chunk);
  ct = new ColumnText(cb);
  ct.SetSimpleColumn(a, b, c, d, e, f);
  ct.AddText(phrase);
  ct.Go();
  document.NewPage();

  I'm getting the error after the last statment. I also tried with setting
  cb.BeginText() and cb.EndText() at several places but this changed nothing.
  As I said, this code worked with iTextSharp release 3.1.1.

  Any help is highly appreciated!

  Buy the iText book: http://www.itextpdf.com/book/