I'm building a PDF using iText and then using a digital certificate to sign
the document. From all outward appearances, the PDF looks fine and I'm able
to validate the signature when viewing the document in Adobe Reader and
Adobe Acrobat 10 Pro.

However, when I use Adobe Preflight to check for syntax issues, Preflight
reports:

"The required key /DigestLocation is missing"
"The required key /DigestValue is missing"
"The required key /TransformMethod is missing"
"An unexpected value is associated with the key"

For the last error message Key: Type and Value: /Sig

I'm not sure where or how these keys are set. I haven't seen any signing
examples that explicitly set them. So I'm a bit confused about the problem.

I found a post reporting the same problem back in 2008. The post said that
is was a bug in Adobe's Preflight. I would have thought the bug would be
fixed 4 years later... so I'm posting this to see if anyone else has come
across this problem.

Thanks for your help,
Brian