If you don't use a certification signature, then you aren't stating any
rules for modification - which is considered to mean "NO modifications".
So if you modify the document after signature, then it's invalid.  Clear?

If you wish to allow certain types of modifications after signing, then
you need to start with a Certification signature that states it as such.

Leonard