Op 1/08/2013 21:50, jesmith schreef:
> they are also
> displayed if I view the PDF in true client app (Mac Preview, or Adbobe
> Reader).
If Adobe Reader displays them and even Mac Preview displays them, but
not Chrome PDF Viewer (and probably not pdf.js in Firefox either), then
you're facing a problem many users have: the built-in viewers for Chrome
and Firefox ignore a large part of the PDF specification. The best way
to solve this, is to go to the configuration settings of these browsers
and switch to using the Adobe Reader plug-in instead of the built-in
viewer. It's the first thing I do with any new computer as I'm getting
too frustrated of opening a PDF in Chrome or Firefox seeing nothing but
a blank page whereas the PDF is 100% correct and shows the content
perfectly in Adobe Reader.